Monday, October 17th

Husband: Happy Birthday!
Me: Thanks, sweetie. Is there coffee?
Husband: All set-up, just hit the button. Are you going to open your birthday cards?
Me: Sure - you didn't have to get me any cards.
Husband: Well you know yesterday when I went to the store to get your cards...well, I got everything else I went out for but this morning I realized I forgot to get you a card. I'm so sorry. I scrounged around my desk and found these. I'm so sorry.
Me: Honey, it's no problem. You didn't have to. Really.
Husband: I feel so bad. I swear I'm getting Alzheimer's.
Me: It's okay - honestly - it's okay! (Opening cards).
Me: (reading): "I would have gotten you flowers but those darn cats just eat them. This picture of flowers will have to do". Awww ::laughing::
Husband: It's one of those cards those places send you for free when they are asking for money. If you ever get sick I have tons of sympathy cards...
Me: Yeah, I've got a ton of those too. (Opening second card)
Husband: That's the handmade card we bought from that lady on the street.
Me: Oh yeah - I remember. ::looking at the card closely:: Honey - this is a Chistmas Card - see it says "Happy Holidays".
Husband: On my god, I saw the happy and just assumed it was a birthday card. I am sooo sorry. I swear it's Alzheimer's.
Me: ::Laughing so hard I am choking - banging on the table - falling out of my chair::
Husband: You're supposed to be the old one - not me! Well at least you got a good laugh out of this. I suppose this will go on the conversation blog..
Me: Oh, yeah - Big time.