Tuesday, October 4th

Me: Do you want a funeral when you die?
Husband: No.
Me: Me either. Funerals are for the living not the dead. I find them weird.
Husband: Just cart the body to the nearest and cheapest crematorium. But do it quickly before my family finds out. Tho I don't think they would care. Plus you don't really want to keep a dead body around.
Me: I know - rotting meat - not something I would keep in the house. Cemeteries are basically landfills. On one hand I know why people do that but I still think it's a waste of good land. What should I do with your ashes?
Husband: Have no idea, and don't care.
Me: I always figured to have them put in a nice urn and keep it on a bookshelf. I always wanted to have my ashes put in a lucite cube and then kept on the coffee table. That way I could still be part of everything. "Oh, yeah - that's crazy Aunt Grace"
Husband: You've said that before.
Me: I decided that years and years and years ago.
Husband: ::laughing:: Years and years? Well, if you die before me, which I doubt, I always planned to scatter your ashes in Central Park.
Me: Oh, that would be lovely - thanks! But you would have to do it surreptitiously - they frown on that sort of thing.
Husband: Well I thought I would divide up the ashes in small pouches and scatter them a little here, a little there.
Me: If you're careful, that should work.